Tuesday, December 13, 2011

DIY Teacup Stand


It's finals season for us college students. So what do I decide to do? Start up a new blog and make some little crafties. I've officially perfected the art of procrastination. So if you'd like to join me, here is a super simple step-by-step process of how I made my lovely new jewelry display :)

1. Rummage through thrift stores for matching plates and tea cups. My favorites include The Salvation Army, Goodwill, and a family-owned store in my college's town (Glendora) called New Unto Others.

2. Purchase Epoxy, Gorilla Glue, or E6000 glue in the hardware aisle of Target or Walmart. They are all comparable in price but I prefer E6000 over the other two. 

3. Clear off a nice working space. I like to use an old paintbrush to apply the glue (make sure you don't need it again) and arrange the cups and plates to match your aesthetic taste!

4. Leave to dry in an unused space. This project usually takes at least 3-5 hours dry completely, though it would be smart to leave it overnight before using it. 

Cost: $5.00 total for teacups and plates $4.50 for glue (that will last you well past this project).

Here are some other favorites I found on Pinterest earlier this week. Be inspired! 

xo
Elissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a lover of sweet notes, thank you for leaving yours! I respond to each one personally via email.