Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Postgrad Purpose

Class of 2012
Five days post graduation I began my first real, strap-on-your-heels, job as a temporary copy editor for the non-profit  Reasons To Believe (RTB). (And for those who have no idea what a copy editor's job description is, read the following: an editor of type, a connoisseur of vocabulary, and often a grammar snob....)

Reasons is an organization based in Glendora, Calif. with a mission to bridge the gap between science and Christian faith.

Sounds like a pretty daunting mission statement, huh? ...

I fully believe, even though I may be a bit biased, that RTB is doing great work in spreading the Gospel by purposefully reinforcing it with scientific evidence and the truth of a creator's existence.

Even within the first few days I have already felt my faith flourish. I know that His work and will can be done in all areas, though I feel incredibly blessed to be working in a place that produces such obvious results towards furthering God's kingdom--especially when I was originally preparing myself to dive into secular realms of publishing and journalism.

My heart is overwhelmed by the RTB staff's authenticity and willingness to welcome me in as a newcomer. I am ecstatic to be a part of this organization, even if for a short while.  Finding myself in a position to tangibly encourage others in their faith seems like an amazing place to be and I couldn't be more thankful for this exciting season of life.

Amazing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a lover of sweet notes, thank you for leaving yours! I respond to each one personally via email.