Friday, February 24, 2012

Chipped Nails

{For real though, these bad boys need some serious help}
Recently, I've been convicted of prioritizing the things that I give value to in my life. The truth is that the things you spend the most time doing are glimpses of your heart's desire.

By no means am I a bold our outspoken person, I've had to come to terms with the fact that an understated personality is just as effective as an outgoing one.

Still, at times I want to taste a bit of that boldness and I've realized that I find that moment in the way that I dress. I dislike all-black outfits, have every color of the rainbow in my closet, and felt like wearing this fuchsia pleated skirt today simply because it gives me confidence.
 Of course, I have those days when my introverted self gets the best of me and I find it hard to slip on that pair of high heels or extra glittery earrings--but then I remember that dressing well empowers me, and honestly, it allows me to live better throughout my day.
But I also understand those weeks when nothing seems to work but jeans and a v-neck or those weeks when putting your hair in a bun is all you have time to do.

Those weeks are OK. 
You'll be OK if you don't look pulled together 100 percent of the time. 

This is something I repeatedly have to tell myself. It is a daily decision to wake up and tell myself that my appearance has nothing to do with what God already has in store for me that day.

{Old Navy}
So, here's to my chipped nails and hating the fact that I don't have time to redo them, but then reminding myself that it's OK to have a few cracks on the exterior as long as you keep living your life and living it well. 

Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive. And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. Colossians 3:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a lover of sweet notes, thank you for leaving yours! I respond to each one personally via email.