Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rose Bowl Flea Market Review

{Vintage Vogue}

A few weekends ago I spent my Sunday at the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena. It was my first time stepping foot into the famous and celebrity-filled swap meet, and though it was a blazing hot day, it definitely held up to my expectations. 

We first walked around the vendors that circle the actual bowl and found that most of the items displayed there are wholesale or handmade items. Since our goal was to score some vintage pieces we branched out into one of the parking lots, which looked like a sea of blue and white pop-up tents filled with vintage items galore.

As I spent the last of my $60 (I brought a limited amount so I wouldn't overspend) I walked away pleased with my purchases: two retro dresses ($10), one succulent terrarium ($22), ten vintage brooches ($10), and a hand painted wooden "One Love" sign for Ronnie ($20). 

Needless to say, I can't wait to go back again. This first trip was more of a preview for me in order to have a more specific idea of what is available next time. General admission is $8.00 and you can find free parking in Lot K. 

{Fabulous Rotary Phones}
{Who doesn't love a feather fascinator? 
My fabulous friend Kate of Wear In La definitely does! }
{I still regret leaving this classic and chic telephone behind. (Also, I just had my wisdom teeth removed 3 days prior to this picture being taken. This is my "trying to mask my puffy cheeks" smile.)}

xo,
Elissa

2 comments:

  1. I love this phone it is truly fabulous!! you are just so dang cute!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved going to the Rose Bowl - it was so incredibly overwhelming but so much fun. I wanted to always look for vintage vogues - so lucky you found some!
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm a lover of sweet notes, thank you for leaving yours! I respond to each one personally via email.